Your New Role
As the "director of first impressions", you will work in an apartment community office (we call them "Resident Services Centres") or at a Resident Services Desk at a building with a team of professionals responsible for administration, marketing, maintenance and the overall operation of the business. This role puts you at the centre it all, supporting all aspects of both front and back end operations to ensure the smooth operation of the apartment community – maintaining the community Outlook calendar, compiling the daily reports and distributing e-mails from the general inbox. You're also providing front desk services to the community as the resident's first point of contact, which might involve receiving parcels on their behalf, booking amenities and spaces and assisting them with their tenancy-related inquiries including rental payments and maintenance requests. Your winning personality and willingness to go the extra mile for your customers makes you the perfect person to be coordinating and following up on service requests, acting as the resident's point of contact and working with your colleagues to provide answers to their questions.
Because we're a 24/7 business (what real estate company isn't?) this is not an average 9-5 job – this role works from 8am to 8pm on a two-week rotating schedule. You will have the benefit of a consistent work schedule, weekend days off every other week and THREE DAYS OFF IN A ROW on the alternate week. Your first week of training will be conducted during regular daytime hours.
Who You Are
- You're friendly and outgoing with the uncanny ability to talk to strangers about any subject.
- Your ability to stay cool, calm and collected in the face of sometimes challenging situations is showcased in the talented way you handle interactions that can sometimes get a little emotional (we're dealing with people's homes, after all).
- You're organized to a fault, and can juggle ringing phones, a steady stream of e-mails and a constant flow of customers in front of you with grace and efficiency.
- You're a computer whiz, and can learn new software just like *that*.
- You pride yourself on being able to truly understand your customer and their needs (whether your customer is the coworker who needs assistance or the resident who has a question), and having the knowhow on how to navigate through the "red tape" to ensure the customer's problem is solved.
- You thrive working in a diverse environment with a team of people and customer base who may not look or think like you, and you're able to understand and empathize with different perspectives.
- Above all, you believe that creating a positive experience is crucial to the success of any business, and you know how to find that balance between being professional and making a meaningful connection with people.
- You come to the table with a background or education in hotels, club and resort operations, the restaurant industry or any in-person customer-facing industry, and bring with you an interest in real estate, the apartment industry and helping people live their best lives in the home they're creating with Greenrock.