Greenrock Property Management understands that hiring the right Maintenance Manager is a key part of maintaining and building their brand as a premier management firm. Their goal is to find the right leader who will ensure that our buildings are maintained to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our residents and the communities that surround them.
Summary of Main Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager is to have overall responsibility for maintaining, improving and controlling the buildings and grounds of our residential buildings in a cost-effective manner. Essentially making our buildings and residential units a place that our residents can be proud to call home.
This position implements and ensures corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance practices on all building equipment and infrastructure. All actions related to this role are critical to insuring uninterrupted service of all operations while driving best practices in safety and maintenance processes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Establish and operate a program of corrective maintenance to ensure high level of resident satisfaction and aesthetic standards
- Subject to direction, liaise with building residents; respond to internal and external customer complaints, exercising customer service and good judgement, leading to effective resolution
- Perform resident service requests, in addition to routine repairs and maintenance in-suite, interior and exterior common areas in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner
- Define scope of work of both major and minor building maintenance and repairs projects
- Provide cost estimates for budget purposes and establish priorities for identified projects
- Assist in the preparation of RFP's for maintenance contracts
- Source vendors, coordinate schedules, monitor and complete projects on schedule and on budget
- Prepare written memos, reports, business cases and recommendations to supervisors
- Approve purchase of material, equipment and contracted services to complete repairs within approved budget levels
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar position with at least two years of which include the management of other contracted staff and ability to work with Superintendents, Cleaners and other Property Management staff
- Thorough knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and life safety systems
- Able to use systems to organize and follow up on work from contractors and others
- Strong writing skills to assist with writing proposals, preparing RFP's, reports, memo's etc.
- Ability to interpret drawings, technical manuals, specifications and regulations
- Knowledge of general maintenance, landscape, paving and roofing systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Able to manage multiple activities/projects simultaneously, assess priorities to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills combined with "big picture" awareness
- Adept in budgeting and estimating of an abundance of multifaceted jobs
- Working knowledge of Yardi Maintenance Module and Microsoft software
- Vehicle and valid driver's license are required and the ability to travel between sites is required
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy objects (up to 50lbs for cleaning and maintenance purposes) including garbage bins, furniture, appliances, etc.
- Able to work on call for after hour emergencies when required
- Ideally a post-secondary degree or diploma in mechanical/engineering
- A trade certificate is an asset
- Health and Safety Certification is an asset
What Greenrock can offer:
- A company highly committed to family, their team, the environment, fun and philanthropy
- A reputation as a company with high quality standards and a commitment to business excellence
- A competitive salary and benefits including parking
Greenrock is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of their residents and the communities they serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Note: Requests for accommodation, due to disability, can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing file "Maintenance Manager" in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance for your interest, however because of time constraints only those under consideration will be contacted to move forward.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest, however because of time constraints only those under consideration will be contacted to move forward.