The Greenrock Corporate Accounting, Finance and Investment team provides a center of excellence for services in the disciplines of accounting, treasury management, acquisition and disposition transactions, corporate tax, capital management, investment management, risk management, financial data applications and business solutions for the organization.
Your solid finance, accounting, and investment management experience and technical skills will be critical for you to bring insights into our organization. You have always been committed to the idea of continuous improvement and service, and will collaborate with others to resolve issues that cut across teams. A strong communicator and natural business partner, you will liaise with functional teams across Greenrock and build relationships with our stakeholders.
Reporting to our Controllers, this role is responsible for supporting the corporate finance and investment management team on performance management initiatives, as well as providing accounting, reporting, financial planning and analysis, and investment management support to selected Greenrock functions.
Your new position:
- Assist to establish, implement and maintain enterprise performance management processes and measurement
- Collaborate with colleagues to bring predictive analytics into budgets and forecasting
- Deliver clear and compelling findings with data visualization tools and presentations that inform and assist in key decisions for internal stakeholders
- Help deliver insights into the variances and root causes of financial and operational performance
- Identify potential risks and opportunities affecting financial and operational goals and advise on action plans to address gaps
- Analyze non-financial operating performance indicators, assessing trends and variances
- Lead business case development, modeling, and post-mortem analysis
- Recommend process improvements and identification of cost savings opportunities and revenue enhancements
- Provide projects status reporting on sponsored projects
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on investment strategies
- Review investment strategies against policy statements and benchmarks, and inform changes to strategies
- Organize routine investment manager meetings, and participate in manager research
- Support the maintenance of a reliable system of internal controls over financial reporting
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required
You are someone with:
- A University degree; a CPA and/or CFA designation or close to completion is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; experience in corporate finance, investment management, business support, and internal managerial reporting
- Strong analytical skills with a good understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Superior technical skills, including Excel (pivot tables, model building, model auditing), ERP systems. Access or other database tools would be an asset
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and controlled manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong customer service orientation
Diversity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our clients, tenants and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Greenrock will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.