Greenrock and our Commitment to Privacy of Information
At Greenrock Property Management Limited (GPML), we uphold high standards when it comes to protecting the personal and confidential information that you provide to us. We are committed to protecting all personal information that we collect and store in the course of conducting business with you.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We are highly committed to ensure that your personal information remains secure. We review and upgrade our storage and security systems (electronic and paper) on a regular basis. Access to personal information is only used by those that need to use it to provide you with GPML's services. Employees are required to destroy information once it is not being used and to treat all information with the utmost confidentiality.
When are tenant/ occupant private personal information collected?
Personal information is collected to:
- Check references;
- Confirm identify;
- Confirm the qualifications to pay rental fees;
- Verify identity;
- Identify and prevent fraud;
- Deliver services;
- Contact a tenant or occupant for emergencies or repairs;
- Communicate as necessary;
- Report information to regulatory and industry agencies;
- Create statistical information to assist with marketing;
- Comply with the law or tax requirements;
- To provide deposit information to banks.
What forms of GPML tenant/occupant personal and confidential information is protected?
Personal and confidential information that is protected includes, but is not limited to:
- Rental applications (including information from agents or brokers);
- References from previous landlords;
- Employer references and/or confirmation of salary and employment;
- Credit Checks (all credit checks are secured in a file and then shredded after 12 months);
- Payment history information;
- Copy of ID.
We Will Obtain Your Permission and Consent
Unless required by law, we will not collect, use or disclose your personal information unless you have provided us with your written consent. We will only ask you for information when the purpose of obtaining that information has been explained to you.
Can a tenant/ occupant access their own personal information?
Yes, to get information the tenant or occupant can contact their Property Manager.
The Privacy Officer can be contacted by tenants, occupants, clients, employees or service-providers who have questions, concerns or complaints regarding GPML's privacy policies and practices:
Greenrock Property Management Limited
64 Merton Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1A1